Learn How: Subscribe Your Chief To Daily Department Incident Reports
You can easily configure a daily email report of all incidents that happened that day to be sent to you and your chief. This report will give you recurring insight into what happened, what your personnel dealt with, and what after-actions you need to take.
It’s easy to configure your D4H™ DECISIONS account to send this report, and in this blog post, we’ll guide you through step by step. This report will deliver to your inbox every day at your chosen time. Subscribe any user to it, such as your chief, or add an external email address such as management or a mutual aid partner to keep them in the loop.
To get started, create a custom report for incidents (see How Do I Create A Custom Report).
Set a date range as ‘Occurred in the last 1 days’ and make sure to ‘Include Drafts’ to allow for paperwork to be still in draft by the end of the day. Optionally rather than ‘Occurred’, you could choose ‘Created or Published in the last 1 days’ which would send you everything added, or updated, even if a historical record.
Next, first run, then save the Custom Report, and give it a title e.g. ‘Daily Incidents’.
If no incidents have occurred yet today, it’ll be blank - that’s fine. On the report, press ‘Update Details’ on the top right to edit its properties.
Switch Email Delivery ‘Active’, and it will display more options.
Choose from the following options:
- Send Every 1 Days
- Send Next to the time of day you want to get the report daily. e.g. 1800 Today for the first. We’ll send it at this time every 1 days.
- Select the recipients e.g. Chief.
- Add any external email addresses, e.g. management or mutual aid partners.
- Decide if you’d like the email every day, or just when there’s results. We can send it anyway to show you there was no incidents. Make sure all recipients are ok with this.
- Decide if you’d like a CSV file of the incidents attached. Note, this is all incident data, so be careful who the recipients are. The usefulness of this is if you want to be able to read about the incidents from a spreadsheet attached without signing into D4H or if the recipients don’t have access to D4H.
Save your changes, and await your first report. If you miss a day, or would like to re-run the report, set the next send date to yesterday. It’s a very easy and effective way to get your data out to your inbox or know what your team are doing.
You can set this up for any of the reports, try ‘All Activities’ for instance.
D4H is the #1 information management software for emergencies and incidents worldwide. Recording over 15 million response hours per year, D4H solutions are deployed in more than 16 countries. Everyday we drive efficiencies within clients’ in public safety teams and private sector.
Founded in 2008 by Robin Blandford, combining his background in the Coast Guard with an accomplished team of computer scientists and emergency managers; D4H has injected global visibility into tens of thousands of operations on every continent in the world. Driven by a talented executive team, D4H Technologies’ mission is to provide the “Right Information When Things Go Wrong”.